Wednesday, August 21, 2013

FOOD CRACK: Five Star's Crispy Sesame Beef


So as part of this blog, I'm going to call my restaurant reviews and reviews of dishes as "FOOD CRACK."

5 Star is a restaurant in Raleigh, North Carolina that serves asian cuisine of many varieties. The facade of the restaurant is built out of an old warehouse building in the appropriately named Warehouse District. Outside appearances do not give the space justice at all! When you walk through the large wood door with an equally massive door handle you enter a large 20 foot tall space with a balcony, DJ area, tables of course, couches and a large bar. The space turns into somewhat of night club atmosphere later in the evenings and weekends.

I went to 5 Star with my buddy Mason one afternoon because I wanted him to try this one dish, the Crispy Sesame Beef. Most often times I like to sit at the bar and enjoy food in a relaxed and in no non-sense way while enjoying a cocktail..At first glance, the $12.95 price tag may turn some off, but when the dish comes out and it certainly enough for 2 people. This stuff is total FOOD CRACK! It's crispy, savory, the perfect amount of chewy, sweet and spicy! If you live in the Raleigh area, I would suggest going to 5 Star, if only for the Crispy Sesame Beef.

www.heatseekershrimp.com


No comments:

Post a Comment